Sunday 6 March 2011

Lord Noel Reveals Spring is Coming! - I Think....

Whatto! Peeps....
As the Spring flowers slowly start to poke their way trough my ample lawnage I am reminded of the time I decided, on the spur of the moment, to take a coach trip to Holland.
The departure point was in the City - close to our lovely old Castle....it's Norman!....
....Obviously that's not it's name.....
...no.....
Our Norman Castle

....it's name is Cyril....
...Anyway as I boarded the coach I saw that it was full of Old People.
I seemed to be the youngest one there...
....Oh Joy!....
...finally at LAST!
It was a lovely trip that I would recommend to anyone.....
...and the old folks were no trouble at all.....
...once they'd managed to get hold of some Crack.

The programme included some shopping time in Amsterdam, visits to the tulip fields
....and of course, we stopped off to see Dutch clogs being made.....
...unfortunately they didn't have any in a size 10....
...dratt!
...and then an Edam cheese factory.....
....and as you already know I DO believe in Cheeses!....
....and we were given many free samples to try....
...yum!

As we stopped at the cheese farm, a lovely young Dutch guide led us through the process of cheese making, explaining how the goat's milk was used.......
....(How is it - by the way - that the Dutch can each speak Nine different languages?!)....

She then showed us some lovely pastureland  by a canal where the goats were grazing.....
....and we did a spot of heavy petting....
....with the fatter goats....

'These' she explained, 'Are the older goats put out to pasture when they no longer produce.' 
She then asked, 'What do you do in England with your old goats?'.....
...And I said spryly, 'They send us on bus tours! Har! Har!'
(Nobody spoke to me on the way home)....


Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel