Sunday 18 July 2010

Lord Noel On Going to Heaven

What ho! Pepys...
 

I was standing in the centre of the village chatting
 to a group of locals....
....when our rather eccentric old Priest came
 and stood with us.
He's preoccupied with the Church's recently falling 
attendance levels....
....it that may be because nowaday....
...he tends to ramble on a bit....
....plus there's always a faint smell about him....
...of whisky.
 
Suddenly he pointed to one of the group saying..
...'Do you want to go to heaven?' 

The man said, 'I do, Father.'

The priest said, 'Then stand over there...
... against that wall.'..
He pointed to a nearby wall...
... which the man duly stood against

Then the priest asked a second man, 
...'Do you want to go to heaven?'

'Certainly, Father,' the man replied. 

'Then stand over there against the wall,' 
said the priest....
....the man walked over to join the first man.

Then Priest then walked up to a lady
....and asked her, 'Do you want to go
to heaven?'

But surprisingly she said, 'No, I don't Father.'

The priest was aghast and exclaimed, 
...'I don't believe this!....
.... You mean to tell me that when you die....
.... you don't want to go to heaven?'

The lady said, 'Oh, when I DIE?!..
..Yes, of course!!....
.... I just thought you were getting 
...a group together....
...to go right now!'


Tallyho!

Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: