Friday 11 June 2010

Lord Noel Is Totally Driven

What ho! Pepys,


Yesterday I went out to post a letter.....
...I wanted to catch the last post but our Chauffeur was having his day orf....
....so I had to drive myself down to our local post office!
Thrilling so far isn't it?!
Anyway I parked right in front of the Post Office on the pavement.....
....and I saw this big advert in the Post Office window with these pictures in it:


 Free to a good home! Bloody Useless cat!

I posted my letter and then carefully reversed orf of the pavement into the road.....
...it was then that I heard an ominous clunking sound coming from the rear of the car!
I looked out of the drivers window and saw that I'd managed to reverse over one of those bally bollards (which someone clearly must have put behind my car whilst I was posting the letter!)....


....a kind old lady called out "Allow me.... Lord Noel!" ....
....and went out onto the road and retrieved it for me.
I waved regally from my car......
....as a sign of gratitude.....
....for her kind act.....
.....and as I drove orf.....
....another driver in a car coming from the opposite direction slowed down next to me a called across at me....
..."Should have gone to Specsavers!"
Oh how I laughed!

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: