Friday 18 June 2010

Lord Noel Enjoying The Sights

What ho! Tourists....


I was in London again last week......
.....wandering around, seeing the sights and suchlike.....
I went into a couple of very decent London pubs.....nice decor!


After a while, I found myself in a very high class neighborhood - big, stately residences, no pubs, no stores, no restaurants, and worst of all ...NO PUBLIC TOILETS!


I really, really had to go, after all those drinkies....
.....and I finally found a narrow side street, with high walls surrounding the adjacent buildings.......
....where I decided to use the wall to solve my problem.
As I was unzipping, I was tapped on the shoulder by a London Bobby, who says, "I say, sir, you simply cannot do that here, you know."
"I'm very sorry, officer," I replied, "It's just that I'm Lord Noel you know.....but I really, really HAVE TO GO, and I just can't find a public toilet."
"Ah, yes," said the Bobby . "I can solve this problem Lord Noel, just follow me".
He then leads me to a back "delivery alley", then along a wall to a gate, which he opens.
"In there," points the Bobbie. "Whiz away, Lord Noel, anywhere you want."
I moved forwards carefully.....
...still not believing my ears......
....and I entered the most beautiful garden I have ever seen!
Manicured grass lawns, statuary, fountains, sculptured hedges, and huge beds of gorgeous flowers, all in perfect bloom.


Since I was in there with the copper's blessing, I unburdened myself ....and felt greatly relieved.
As I went back through the gate, I said to the Bobby, "That was really decent of you ... is that what you call the spirit of the "British Bulldog?"
"No sir," the Bobby replied. "That's what we call the back garden of 'The French Embassy'."

 Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: