Thursday 24 July 2008

Lord Noel Gives You The Benefit Of His Considerable Knowledge on Lawn

WHATTO! Once more!!

What lovely weather we're having!

At last - SUMMER seems to have finally arrived!!!............

From time to time I like to try to give something back.....................

And I'm prone to doing some menial task or other...............

Just to prove that I'm capable of getting 'down & dirty'............

Like any ordinary Common or gardener person...............

Today - for instance - I went outside and cut my GRASS!!

YES!!!!..............ME!!!!

Even though I have a fully trained Gardener on 24 hour call for my Jardinial needs!.........



It was a humbling experience.................
Knowing that men have toiled in this way through the ages..................

But Dear Reader..................
I was struck with a heavy heart by the devastation caused by this garden MOWER!!
All the beautiful wild flowers................ cut to pieces!!!

All the useful and industrious insects feeding from the said flowers.........................sliced to DEATH!!!



.....and for WHAT? I ask...............
So we can have LAWNS that look like bowling greens?.............

Surely NOT!!!?...........
I cannot - for the life of me - understand how satisfaction can be felt by such WHOLESALE CARNAGE!!!!
NO!!! Dear Reader..................... Nature CANNOT be improved upon....................
It's all part of a wonderful PLAN........that we can only hope to glimpse at times of great enlightenment (similar to what I had today behind a Hovver Mower).........
LEAVE these areas of UNSPOILT NATURAL BEAUTY..............!!!!!
Where NATURE can REIGN SUPREME!!!!
And for those with futile thoughts that they can tame her.....................
I would point them towards a very reputable product which would give them the desired look instantly........................ ASTROTURF!!!..............

Or as the BEATLES once said......................
"Let it Be!"...............

Tallyho!!

Best wishes - Lord Noel

1 comment:

brown eyed girl said...

I couldnt agree more, people have so many beautiful things around them everyday that they fail to notice, we dont need bowling greens, but do treasure those moments of feeling at one !

To be able to appreciate some of the wonderful things nature has given us, is a far better feeling..

I watched the squirells and birds come visiting at yours this morning and it took my breath away..
xxx