Saturday 31 May 2008

Lord Noel Says "Mas Mojito Por Favor!"

Whatto once again my virtual friends!!

I must tell you all that I received a very urgent phonecall in the dead of night recently (last night to be exact) from a very dear friend who was worried that I might NOT be under the influence of alcohol......................!

She mentioned that she herself had recently partaken of a large quantity of the wonderful liquid refreshment named Mojito - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! .............. the mere mention of this exquisite drink took me immediately back to my time in Cuba.................. helping out 'Old Fidel' (as he liked me to call him)..........


...... There were so many evenings when I would signal to the barman with a traditional 'thumbs up' sign - for him to refill my glass with a fresh mint and white rum concoction................

He would even satisfy my urges in the nearby jacuzzi....................


But - my dear reader - there are many things that (once under the influence of this fine mixture) you should NEVER attempt!.............

For example!...............

Any lighting of Cuban cigars must be done with the utmost care - always making sure that the lighted end is AWAY from the sensitive lip area.............


Do NOT atempt to Salsa with any of the local inhabitants - not matter HOW irresistable they may seem............. The resulting pile of intertwined bodies is not a pretty sight....................

NEVER attempt to try to teach horses to swim - no matter how good an idea this may seem at the time.............. A wet horse can be very short tempered..................

NEVER wear leotards and panama hats in public or hang around with people who do...........

..................NEVER attempt to become over-familiar with the locals.....................

...........and NEVER............. EVER.............. EVER............... play 'My WAY!' on the pianoforte..........

No matter how much the crowd shout for 'MORE!'.............!!!
No................. instead dear reader ....... Find yourself a good, fully trained, local Nurse who can slowly wean you off the Mojitos and onto something less vegetational............... like frozen Margaritas for example...............

Here's a warning of what could easily happen to YOU!...............


This shot was taken at the Airport where an astute Cuban customs official - recognising in me the telltale signs of Mojito abuse................ you can see that he manages to extract Pure Mohjito juice from my left ear .............

DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU DEAR READER!!!



JUST SAY "NO"!!!!
(......and that'll leave alot more for the rest of us!!)
Har har!!

Tallyho everyone!!
Best wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: