Tuesday 28 October 2014

Lord Noel's Gardening Advice

Whatto! Pepys....



As Autumn really kicks in I find that it's nice to reflect back over the year at the amazing amount of produce that the humble garden can provide for us which is both wholesome, organic and full of fresh flavour.
As my time on Earth has increased (and I move closer to becoming useful as compost) I have become more enamoured with gardening as a rewarding past time and theraputic endeavour.
As Corporations and megastores take more and more control of our lives, the neglected hobby of gardening for self-sufficiency can nowadays almost be regarded as a Revolutionary Act!
I take full control of the gardening areas here at Virtual Manor as Lady Jacqueline has no real interest in this particular outdoor pursuit, preferring instead to spend her time crushing candy indoors.
I have heard that some men are cajolled and indeed ordered by their partners to attend to the garden!
This is a very sorry state of affairs!
I even know of one man who's wife recently told him to plant some trees where he had previously decided to grow vegetables!
In my unusually humble opinion, Men who are bullied into cultivating an orchard really need to grow a pear.


Tallyho!

Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: